How Much We Raised in 2016We had one of our lowest turnouts for golfers in a long time because it seemed like EVERYONE was out of town. We did pretty well, though, despite the low turnout. We raised over $3,300 plus AutoTrader donated an additional $1000 giving the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society $4,200 because of the Lost Buckeye Golf Tournament. Thank you so much to everyone who purchased golf balls and participated in the tournament!
Here’s a breakdown of where all the money goes:Out of the $175 entry fee for 31 players:
- $113 goes to the golf course to pay for golf, food, and the beers in the cart
- Approximately $41 per person goes to prizes ($970) and the ball drop ($320)
- $5 goes to PayPal for processing the payment
- So just for coming to golf, we are able to donate about $16/person (about $500 for 2016)
- Everything is split 50/50
- In 2016 we sold about $2600 worth of golf balls (to raise nearly $1300 for LLS). Plus, the winner donated back all of the winnings
- We tip the guys at the golf course $100 for taking great care of us
- We had a couple of people unable to make it at the last minute but had to pay for their golf.
- We pay $50 for the witness on the hole in one hole
Buy Golf Balls For The Ball Drop
Sign Up to Play Golf
Leave a Reply
You must be logged in to post a comment.